Great question.. and very easily if you have an Apple TV!
- Make sure you are on your homes wifi network.
- Turn on your TV to your Apple TV.
- Double click the iPads home button (physical button below screen).
- You will see a row of icons (recent apps) on the bottom of the screen;
- Scroll to the far left of this row to reveal the AirPlay icon.
- Click the AirPlay icon, choose your Apple TV from the list (if you have more then one apple tv, you will see them in the list).
- When you choose the Apple TV, you will see the option to Mirror. Turn that on.
- Viola! You should now see an exact mirror of your iPad on your tv.
- When you are done, follow the same instructions above, but turn mirroring Off.